2. Sacral Chakra - the Emotional Center
Sanskrit name: Svadhisthana
Location: Below belly button
Vibrational Sound: “VUM”
Musical Scale Note: D
Right(s): To Feel, To Want
Affirmation: “I am passionate.”
The Sanskrit name for this chakra is "Svadhisthana" (pronounced “swa-deesh-stahn-uh”). It's associated with fluidity, movement, adaptability, physical pleasure, sexuality, reproduction, creativity energy, emotions, sensation, nurturance, intimacy, passion, and desire.
See our Chakras page for information about all seven chakras.
Affirmations for Chakra Two
- I am enough.
- I have enough.
- I am connected to water. My energy flows like a sparkling river, easily shifting and adjusting as I respond to changing circumstances.
- I have the right to feel all of my feelings.
- My emotions belong to me, but they do not define me.
- I am filled with creativity.
- I am passionate.
- I am nurturing.
- I release my desires into the light.
- I am grateful for my physical senses and the pleasure they bring me.
- I love and respect my body.
- My energy resonates with enthusiasm, motion, pleasure, and harmony.