The crab is a fascinating creature. Nimble and fearless, it's at home in ever-shifting tides. As a totem, the crab represents emotional intensity and powerful intuition. It's the symbol for Cancer (June 21 - July 22), an astrological sign ruled by the Moon - and the crab is a symbol for the Moon itself. "Moon Tide" is a highly polished pointed egg of red jasper and quartz. It's suspended on a detachable sterling silver chain with accents of red jasper and rainbow moonstone. The sterling silver fob is a delightful three dimensional crab (see second photo above for underside view of crab). The overall length of pendulum is 6 5/8". The chain length (including the clasp) is 4 5/8". Weight-stone measures 1". Measurements are approximate. If you'd like a longer chain, you can add 2" or 4" to the length by selecting "Longer/Longest Chain" from the options below (additional length is achieved with extra sterling chain links. The number of beads in the chain will be unchanged). All stones are genuine. Chain, clasp, and connectors are sterling silver. Please note: As these are natural stones, depth of color, and patterns in each stone may vary. There are streaks and blocks of quartz in the jasper. These are marks of nature and are not considered defects.
- A form of quartz, Jasper is a stone that comes in many different colors and varieties, often with stripes or spots. It is a strong healing and calming stone that some call the Nurturing Stone. Jasper is considered useful as an everyday stone - helping to find practical solutions for everyday problems. It calms emotions and grounds and balances opposing energies. It brings tranquility and wholeness while absorbing and grounding negative energies. Red Jasper is associated with the base chakra. It helps bring problems to light before they become unmanageable. It helps manifest creative ideas and brings about vitality and focus. Red Jasper can help release issues of shame and guilt associated with sexuality. It balances yin and yang energies.
- Quartz (also called Rock Crystal) is known as the Universal Crystal. Clear Quartz is extremely useful for healing, cleansing, energizing, and balancing all chakras. It is in fact considered the master healer, the most powerful healing stone on Earth. Quartz is also a powerful energy amplifier and regulator, potentially raising it's holder's energy levels to their highest. It will enhance the energies of other crystals and stones it is near. Quartz aids in concentration and focus, and it helps psychic abilities. It is a highly spiritual stone that can help you uncover and tune in to your life's spiritual purpose.
- Moonstone is keeper of the feminine mysteries. It promotes intuition and empathy and fosters motherly love, support, encouragement, and ancient wisdom. It calms and soothes emotions with its powerful feminine energy. It gently opens the mind to serendipity and synchronistic events. It facilitates new beginnings, invokes patience and allows you to see cyclic patterns. Rainbow Moonstone is excellent for clearing the psychic senses. It gives you psychic protection while working on the intuitive level and helps clear and/or ease emotional trauma.
This piece is so pretty and unusual you will want to wear it. There are four great benefits to wearing your pendulum: 1. You'll have a pendulum close at hand, ready to use whenever you need one. 2. By keeping it close to your heart, the stone becomes tuned your rhythms and energy. 3. Receive the benefit of the stone's natural healing energy while you wear it. 4. It's beautiful! Show it off. Let it accentuate your personal style. Here's how: This piece has a clasp that allows you to detach the weight-stone from the chain so you can wear it as a pendant - simply by slipping it onto your own neck chain or satin cord. Or you can wear the whole piece by using a pendulum-to-pendant adapter (see related items below) or simply by threading a neck chain or cord through one of the links in the pendulum's chain and letting both ends dangle.
This pendulum is made with sterling silver and contains no base metal parts. Sterling silver is a beautiful and durable alloy of 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper, which conducts energy well - and pendulums are all about energy. Pendulums made with sterling silver are more sensitive to subtle energy vibrations than those that are constructed with base metals (alloys that use nickle, zinc, lead, and/or tin). Caring for your sterling silver is easy. If worn or used a lot, sterling will eventually oxidize and develop a lovely patina - a nice warm glow accentuated by darkened (tarnished) areas. You can either leave it this way, or if you prefer a bright and shiny surface, gently polish with a treated cloth to remove the oxidation. Never use abrasive cleansers or expose to salts. Store in a cool dry place.
Is this pendulum a gift? Add a lovely keepsake box and make it even more special. There are three styles to choose from - see picture below in "related items".
We can even wrap it all up for you. Pendulum (with or without the optional keepsake box), pouch, bookmark and polishing pad all go into a lovely gift box. We wrap it with your choice of paper and top it off with a pretty bow. See gift wrapping option below for choices. You can even include a note if you are shipping directly to the recipient. Just let us know in the "additional information" box at check out.
For more information and to to see an example of our gift wrapping, check out our Gift Wrapping page (click menu item on left side of screen).
When you order this pendulum you also get these for free:
- Drawstring carrying pouch
- Weight-stone energy information
- Pendulum energy cleansing instructions
- Reusable sterling silver polishing pad
- Laminated bookmark with detailed instruction on how to use a pendulum