"The Hierophant", a color and energy rich combination of Lapis Lazuli, Turquoise, and Malachite with sterling silver. This is the fifth in AYP's "Tarot Essence" Limited Edition Series of Natural Stone, Crystal and Sterling Silver Pendulums - a beautiful, meaningful collection of 22 pendulums inspired by the wisdom of the Tarot. The design is inspired by the Tarot, but anyone can use any of the pendulums (you don't need to be a Tarot expert or even know Tarot at all). It also makes a stunning dangling pendant.
This pendulum is designed to mirror the empowering energies of the Tarot's revered Hierophant. As the Hierophant, we hold key insights that allow us recognize the value hidden within conventional wisdom. We attune to the needs of the greater good, we learn, we teach, and we embrace the process of spiritual growth and evolution. This is the only pendulum I've ever made that actually uses 2 fobs. There are two separate and distinct sterling silver keys that combine to create a kind of mystical "key ring" as the holding piece for this pendulum. The two key motif is used in the traditional Rider-Waite Hierophant (and many other Tarot decks) to symbolize spiritual knowledge and wisdom and it is thought by some to represent the keys to the kingdom of heaven.
Each pendulum in this series comes with:
- Beautiful hand numbered certificate of authenticity signed by the artist Eva Browning
- Keepsake brass tag with individually hand stamped edition number
- Stone and symbol energy information
- Jute gift pouch embellished with replica of Tarot card that inspired the design
- Voile drawstring carrying pouch
- Sterling silver polishing pad
- Laminated bookmark with detailed instruction on how to use a pendulum
- "Tiny Universal Waite Tarot" deck is included free (a $5 value) - OR - you can upgrade from the Tiny Tarot deck to a regular full sized Tarot deck at a $5 discount, by selecting the drop-down box below.
Each new installment to this series will be released on or about the first of the month until the entire series is complete in December of 2012, when we wrap it up with a very special finale - "The Fool".
Keys are practical, everyday items we all relate to on some level as they provide access to things or areas secured by locks. As a symbol, a key represents the opening or discovering of that which is hidden, secret, or guarded. This powerful motif is often used to represent the process of accessing or uncovering spiritual knowledge and/or wisdom. Keys are also associated with concept of freedom, as well as initiation rites and ceremonies. In the Tarot’s Hierophant card, two keys are shown in a crossed position at the foot of the Hierophant’s throne of knowledge. The Hierophant is believed to be based on the historic Saint Peter, making these keys symbolic of the Pope’s legendary, sacred “keys to to the kingdom”.
1. Lapis Lazuli is associated with the crown, brow and throat chakras. A highly vibrational stone, it was prized by the ancient Egyptians as the key to spiritual attainment. Lapis acts as a strong thought clarifier and a harmonizer of body, mind and soul. It connects with deep inner knowledge and facilitates honesty and creativity. Used to gain objectivity, self-awareness and self-expression, Lapis promotes enormous serenity. It opens the third eye, stimulates enlightenment, and enhances psychic abilities and personal spiritual power.
2. Turquoise is a calming, protective, and strengthening stone that promotes spiritual attunement. It dispels negativity, unites male and female energies, and instills inner peace.
3. Malachite is associated primarily with the heart chakra. It is a powerful energy conduit. Malachite is a protective stone that guards against evil, absorbs negative energies, cleanses the emotional body and helps reveal deep insights.
This piece is so pretty and unusual you will want to wear it. There are four great benefits to wearing your pendulum: 1. You'll have a pendulum close at hand, ready to use whenever you need one. 2. By keeping it close to your heart, the stone becomes tuned your rhythms and energy. 3. Receive the benefit of the stone's natural healing energy while you wear it. 4. It's beautiful! Show it off. Let it accentuate your personal style. Here's how: This piece has a clasp that allows you to detach the weight-stone from the chain so you can wear it as a pendant - simply by slipping it onto your own neck chain or satin cord. Or you can wear the whole piece by using a pendulum-to-pendant adapter (see related items below) or simply by threading a neck chain or cord through one of the links in the pendulum's chain and letting both ends dangle.
This pendulum is made with sterling silver and contains no base metal parts. Sterling silver is a beautiful and durable alloy of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metal, usually copper. Pendulums made with sterling silver are more sensitive to subtle energy vibrations than those that are constructed with base metals (alloys that use nickle, zinc, lead, and/or tin). Caring for your sterling silver is easy. If worn or used a lot, sterling will eventually oxidize and develop a lovely patina - a nice warm glow accentuated by darkened (tarnished) areas. You can either leave it this way, or if you prefer a bright and shiny surface, gently polish with a treated cloth to remove the oxidation. Never use abrasive cleansers or expose to salts. Store in a cool dry place.
Is this pendulum a gift? Add a lovely keepsake box and make it even more special. There are three styles to choose from - see picture below in "related items".
We can even wrap it all up for you. Pendulum (with or without the optional keepsake box), pouch, bookmark and polishing pad all go into a lovely gift box. We wrap it with your choice of paper and top it off with a pretty bow. See gift wrapping option below for choices. You can even include a note if you are shipping directly to the recipient. Just let us know in the "additional information" box at check out.
For more information and to to see an example of our gift wrapping, check out our Gift Wrapping page (click menu item on left side of screen).