"Emperor" is the fourth in AYP's "Tarot Essence" Limited Edition Series of Natural Crystal and Sterling Silver Pendulums - a beautiful, meaningful collection of 22 pendulums inspired by the wisdom of the Tarot. The design is inspired by the Tarot, but anyone can use any of the pendulums (you don't need to be a Tarot expert or even know Tarot at all). It also makes a stunning dangling pendant.
Bring forth order and create discipline, respect, structure and stability. This pendulum is designed to mirror the powerful energies of the Tarot’s wise and assertive Emperor. As the Emperor, we’re grounded and empowered to instill structure, stability, order, logic and reason. We lead by example. We are not afraid to take control when control is needed.
Each pendulum in this series comes with:
- Beautiful hand numbered certificate of authenticity signed by the artist Eva Browning
- Keepsake brass tag with individually hand stamped edition number
- Stone and symbol energy information
- Jute gift pouch embellished with replica of Tarot card that inspired the design
- Voile drawstring carrying pouch
- Sterling silver polishing pad (to keep the beautiful lightning bolt shiny)
- Laminated bookmark with detailed instruction on how to use a pendulum
- "Tiny Universal Waite Tarot" deck is included free (a $5 value) - OR - you can upgrade from the Tiny Tarot deck to a regular full sized Tarot deck at a $5 discount, by selecting the drop-down box below.
Each new installment to this series will be released on or about the first of the month until the entire series is complete in December of 2012, when we wrap it up with a very special finale - "The Fool".
I approached this design carefully, slowly, and with a bit of reluctance. I do LOVE a challenge, but I almost wished I could just skip past the Emperor. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE this pendulum and am very proud of how it turned out, but my connection to the Emperor has always been tenuous, tepid, distant. I am artistic and not necessarily all that organized. I'm somewhat of a free spirit and the stability of the Emperor feels alien - opposite of the essential creative process I use to design a pendulum. After months of searching for and gathering the "right" stones and the "right" fob, I finally sat down down with my special group of Emperor-worthy elements and said "talk to me". To my astonishment this powerful design emerged without any hesitation. To this I say, "thank you!" to the Tarot for allowing me to channel the Emperor long enough to manifest order from chaos. I am delighted to share with everyone this beautifully grounding, empowering design of red jasper, turquoise, jet, and sterling silver and - if you'll indulge me, I just have to add, "Hail to the Emperor!""
The Tribal Sword is a symbol for leadership, decisiveness, power, and authority. This fob is more than a sword though - it’s also a four sided Celtic Knot. The knot’s four lobes (representing the sword’s blade, both sides of the guard and its grip) symbolize the power of the number Four. Being the fourth Tarot Essence, the Emperor draws his bold energies from the numerological strengths of this number: stability, order, common sense, strategic planning, respect, leadership, discipline, structure, experience, power, and authority. The endlessness of the Celtic knot symbolizes an infinite, connected path.
1. Jasper is useful as an everyday stone - helping to find practical solutions for everyday problems. It calms emotions and grounds and balances opposing energies. It brings tranquility and wholeness while absorbing and grounding negative energies. Red Jasper is associated with the base chakra. It helps bring problems to light before they become unmanageable. It helps manifest creative ideas and brings about vitality and focus. Red Jasper can help release issues of shame and guilt associated with sexuality and balances yin and yang energies.
2. Turquoise is a calming, protective, and strengthening stone that promotes spiritual attunement. It dispels negativity, unites male and female energies, and instills inner peace.
3. Jet is a grounding, organic gemstone that’s sometimes called black amber, though it’s actually a form fossilized wood (like coal). It is a powerful protective and purifying stone that can be used to direct energy and cleanse the aura.
This piece is so pretty and unusual you will want to wear it. There are four great benefits to wearing your pendulum: 1. You'll have a pendulum close at hand, ready to use whenever you need one. 2. By keeping it close to your heart, the stone becomes tuned your rhythms and energy. 3. Receive the benefit of the stone's natural healing energy while you wear it. 4. It's beautiful! Show it off. Let it accentuate your personal style. Here's how: This piece has a clasp that allows you to detach the weight-stone from the chain so you can wear it as a pendant - simply by slipping it onto your own neck chain or satin cord. Or you can wear the whole piece by using a pendulum-to-pendant adapter (see related items below) or simply by threading a neck chain or cord through one of the links in the pendulum's chain and letting both ends dangle.
This pendulum is made with sterling silver and contains no base metal parts. Sterling silver is a beautiful and durable alloy of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metal, usually copper. Pendulums made with sterling silver are more sensitive to subtle energy vibrations than those that are constructed with base metals (alloys that use nickle, zinc, lead, and/or tin). Caring for your sterling silver is easy. If worn or used a lot, sterling will eventually oxidize and develop a lovely patina - a nice warm glow accentuated by darkened (tarnished) areas. You can either leave it this way, or if you prefer a bright and shiny surface, gently polish with a treated cloth to remove the oxidation. Never use abrasive cleansers or expose to salts. Store in a cool dry place.
Is this pendulum a gift? Add a lovely keepsake box and make it even more special. There are three styles to choose from - see picture below in "related items".
We can even wrap it all up for you. Pendulum (with or without the optional keepsake box), pouch, bookmark and polishing pad all go into a lovely gift box. We wrap it with your choice of paper and top it off with a pretty bow. See gift wrapping option below for choices. You can even include a note if you are shipping directly to the recipient. Just let us know in the "additional information" box at check out.
For more information and to to see an example of our gift wrapping, check out our Gift Wrapping page (click menu item on left side of screen).