The "Devil" is the fifteenth in this series of 22 Limited Edition pendulums. Ambition, desire, temptation, pleasure, power, control, and committment can lead us to greatness - or great weakness. Understanding the roll that these issues have in life may be the key to manifesting the soul’s true purpose.“The Devil” prompts us to ask hard questions and - right or wrong - reveals what honoring the fire within may offer. This pendulum is designed to mirror the earthy, fiery energies of the Tarot’s true master of persuasion, “The Devil”. A Black Obsidian smooth tapered point with beautiful sterling silver metalwork top is suspended on a sterling silver chain with accents of carnelian, ruby, black obsidian, jet, and sterling silver. The fob is a sterling silver abstract celtic knot that suggest the shape of hooked wings and flames. This is the fifteenth in AYP's "Tarot Essence" Limited Edition Series of Natural Stone, Crystal and Sterling Silver Pendulums - a beautiful, meaningful collection of 22 pendulums inspired by the wisdom of the Tarot. The design is inspired by the Tarot, but anyone can use any of the pendulums (you don't need to be a Tarot expert or even know Tarot at all). It also makes a stunning dangling pendant.
Each pendulum in this series comes with:
- Beautiful hand numbered certificate of authenticity signed by the artist Eva Browning
- Keepsake brass tag with individually hand stamped edition number
- Stone and symbol energy information
- Jute gift pouch embellished with replica of Tarot card that inspired the design
- Voile drawstring carrying pouch
- Sterling silver polishing pad (to keep the beautiful fob shiny)
- Laminated bookmark with detailed instruction on how to use a pendulum
- "Tiny Universal Waite Tarot" deck is included free (a $5 value) - OR - you can upgrade from the Tiny Tarot deck to a regular full sized Tarot deck at a $5 discount, by selecting the drop-down box below.
Each new installment to this series will be released on or about the first of the month until the entire series is complete in December of 2012, when we wrap it up with a very special finale - "The Fool".
The central figure in “The Devil” card is a strange creature that combines the physical attributes of man, goat, bat, and raptor. This intimidating beast is often seen as a hybrid of the ancient gods of pleasure, temptation, and abandon (Pan and Dionysius). It presides over two loosely chained humans who appear unphased by their master’s menacing power. In the classic form of a celtic-style knot, the fob here is an abstract representation of horns, wings, flames, and interdependence.
1. Obsidian is a healing and grounding stone that resonates with the earth. Obsidian protects against negativity and hostility. It brings truth to the surface and dispels feelings of inferiority. It draws out mental stress and tensions and protects the meek from abuse. Black Obsidian is useful for psychic self defense.
2. Carnelian grounds and anchors us in the now. It improves your analytical abilities, clarifies perception and helps awaken your hidden talents and gifts. It protects against anger, envy and resentment. Carnelian helps one overcome negative conditioning and fear. It promotes courage and enhances libido. A high energy stone, Carnelian can remove the fear of death. It is a stone of creativity and inspiration, awakening curiosity and helping with shyness. Carnelian can also be used to enhance astral vision and help stop nightmares.
3. Ruby is an energetic stone that imparts vigor and passion to life. It encourages you to follow your bliss.
It transmutes negative energy, promotes leadership, and sharpens the mind.
4. Jet is a grounding, organic gemstone that’s sometimes called black amber, though it’s actually a form fossilized wood (like coal). It is a powerful protective and purifying stone that can be used to direct energy and cleanse the aura.
This piece is so pretty and unusual you will want to wear it. There are four great benefits to wearing your pendulum: 1. You'll have a pendulum close at hand, ready to use whenever you need one. 2. By keeping it close to your heart, the stone becomes tuned your rhythms and energy. 3. Receive the benefit of the stone's natural healing energy while you wear it. 4. It's beautiful! Show it off. Let it accentuate your personal style. Here's how: This piece has a clasp that allows you to detach the weight-stone from the chain so you can wear it as a pendant - simply by slipping it onto your own neck chain or satin cord. Or you can wear the whole piece by using a pendulum-to-pendant adapter (see related items below) or simply by threading a neck chain or cord through one of the links in the pendulum's chain and letting both ends dangle.
This pendulum is made with sterling silver and contains no base metal parts. Sterling silver is a beautiful and durable alloy of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metal, usually copper. Pendulums made with sterling silver are more sensitive to subtle energy vibrations than those that are constructed with base metals (alloys that use nickle, zinc, lead, and/or tin). Caring for your sterling silver is easy. If worn or used a lot, sterling will eventually oxidize and develop a lovely patina - a nice warm glow accentuated by darkened (tarnished) areas. You can either leave it this way, or if you prefer a bright and shiny surface, gently polish with a treated cloth to remove the oxidation. Never use abrasive cleansers or expose to salts. Store in a cool dry place.
Is this pendulum a gift? Add a lovely keepsake box and make it even more special. There are three styles to choose from - see picture below in "related items".
We can even wrap it all up for you. Pendulum (with or without the optional keepsake box), pouch, bookmark and polishing pad all go into a lovely gift box. We wrap it with your choice of paper and top it off with a pretty bow. See gift wrapping option below for choices. You can even include a note if you are shipping directly to the recipient. Just let us know in the "additional information" box at check out.
For more information and to to see an example of our gift wrapping, check out our Gift Wrapping page (click menu item on left side of screen).