"Hanged Man" - If you are new to Tarot, don't let this essence's name fool you. The Hanged Man - and this pendulum are about surrender, calm acceptance, spirituality, sacrifice, and divine enlightenment. The weight-stone is a beautiful Aquamarine orb suspended on a detachable sterling silver chain accented with ocean blue chalcedony, Larimar, sterling silver and blue apatite. The fob is a substantial piece of sterling silver, beautifully forged in the shape of a haloed celtic cross, a symbol transition, balance, faith, and ascention. I chose this motif, which is also widely recognized as a religious symbol for Christianity, in the context of the Hanged Man because it so perfectly represents the platform from which our figure suspends in this calm, temporary state of complete surrender.This is the twelfth in AYP's "Tarot Essence" Limited Edition Series of Natural Stone, Crystal and Sterling Silver Pendulums - a beautiful, meaningful collection of 22 pendulums inspired by the wisdom of the Tarot. The design is inspired by the Tarot, but anyone can use any of the pendulums (you don't need to be a Tarot expert or even know Tarot at all). It also makes a stunning dangling pendant.
The Hanged Man reminds us to suspend expectations, allowing truth to reveal itself when the time is right. This pendulum is designed to mirror the calming, enlightening energies of the Tarot's serene suspended man. As the “Hanged Man”, we can let go of that which does not serve us, allowing true enlightenment to shine through.
Each pendulum in this series comes with:
- Beautiful hand numbered certificate of authenticity signed by the artist Eva Browning
- Keepsake brass tag with individually hand stamped edition number
- Stone and symbol energy information
- Jute gift pouch embellished with replica of Tarot card that inspired the design
- Voile drawstring carrying pouch
- Sterling silver polishing pad (to keep the beautiful fob shiny)
- Laminated bookmark with detailed instruction on how to use a pendulum
- "Tiny Universal Waite Tarot" deck is included free (a $5 value) - OR - you can upgrade from the Tiny Tarot deck to a regular full sized Tarot deck at a $5 discount, by selecting the drop-down box below.
Each new installment to this series will be released on or about the first of the month until the entire series is complete in December of 2012, when we wrap it up with a very special finale - "The Fool".
Traditionally speaking, the ancient Celtic Cross represents an intersection where divine energies converge. It symbolizes transition, balance, faith, and ascention. This motif - that of a haloed cross (which is also widely recognized as a religious symbol for Christianity), is used in the context of the Hanged Man because it so perfectly represents the platform from which our figure suspends in this calm, temporary state of complete surrender.
1. Aquamarine harmonizes with its surroundings, counteracting dark forces with courage. It promotes tolerance and lightens the burdens of heavy responsibilities. It sharpens intuition, enhances clairvoyance, and promotes higher states of spiritual awareness. It facilitates clear and honest self-expression, and helps align the physical and spiritual bodies.
2. A nurturing stone, Chalcedony enhances harmony of mind, body, and soul. It fosters good will and absorbs negative energy. Chalcedony instills feelings of benevolence and generosity. A creative stone, Blue Chalcedony fosters mental flexibility, verbal dexterity and encourages feelings of joy and optimism.
3. Be in the now and learn to love "what is" with Larimar, a soothing, calming stone that fosters self nurturance and self respect and helps you release unwanted attachments. It facilitates a connection with goddess energy and it represents peace and clarity.
4. Apatite is an inspirational stone. It is attuned to the future, yet it connects to the past. Apatite stimulates creativity and intelligence. It promotes social ease, extroversion, and dissolves feelings of alienation. Apatite helps to clear away confusion and promotes expanded knowledge. Apatite balances the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies and chakras. Blue Apatite connects you to a higher level of spirituality.
This piece is so pretty and unusual you will want to wear it. There are four great benefits to wearing your pendulum: 1. You'll have a pendulum close at hand, ready to use whenever you need one. 2. By keeping it close to your heart, the stone becomes tuned your rhythms and energy. 3. Receive the benefit of the stone's natural healing energy while you wear it. 4. It's beautiful! Show it off. Let it accentuate your personal style. Here's how: This piece has a clasp that allows you to detach the weight-stone from the chain so you can wear it as a pendant - simply by slipping it onto your own neck chain or satin cord. Or you can wear the whole piece by using a pendulum-to-pendant adapter (see related items below) or simply by threading a neck chain or cord through one of the links in the pendulum's chain and letting both ends dangle.
This pendulum is made with sterling silver and contains no base metal parts. Sterling silver is a beautiful and durable alloy of 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metal, usually copper. Pendulums made with sterling silver are more sensitive to subtle energy vibrations than those that are constructed with base metals (alloys that use nickle, zinc, lead, and/or tin). Caring for your sterling silver is easy. If worn or used a lot, sterling will eventually oxidize and develop a lovely patina - a nice warm glow accentuated by darkened (tarnished) areas. You can either leave it this way, or if you prefer a bright and shiny surface, gently polish with a treated cloth to remove the oxidation. Never use abrasive cleansers or expose to salts. Store in a cool dry place.
Is this pendulum a gift? Add a lovely keepsake box and make it even more special. There are three styles to choose from - see picture below in "related items".
We can even wrap it all up for you. Pendulum (with or without the optional keepsake box), pouch, bookmark and polishing pad all go into a lovely gift box. We wrap it with your choice of paper and top it off with a pretty bow. See gift wrapping option below for choices. You can even include a note if you are shipping directly to the recipient. Just let us know in the "additional information" box at check out.
For more information and to to see an example of our gift wrapping, check out our Gift Wrapping page (click menu item on left side of screen).